As a busy mom, with so many tasks to juggle, the least of our worries should be the laundry! Cleanliness is very important in our house. Although the boys are happy to wear the same dirty clothes each day, as a mom I just can’t let that happen. We wash multiple loads of laundry daily and when the boys were babies it was even more! We do so many different sized loads varying in colors, textures and detergents, that sometimes it feels like it just never ends. I am sure many of you reading this will also agree.
We recently got the LG TWINWash, and trust me this has been a solution to some of my personal laundry woes! You may have already encountered this wonderful machine, but just in case you haven’t, I’ll fill you in. The LG TWINWash enables you to “wash two loads at the same time”!! It features both a main washer and an ingenious LG TWINWash Mini, which helps you tackle two loads – both large and small at the same time.
Let me go over some of the features that I just love about this new LG washing machine…
Wash Two Loads at the Same Time!
Yes, that’s right – with the LG TWIN wash you can do two loads of laundry at the same time. The top front load washing machine is 8kgs and the bottom is perfect for a smaller 2.5kg load.
You Can Wash Smaller Loads
Whether it is that school uniform or your child’s lucky “must-have” shirt that needs to be worn every single day, doing a small load of laundry is a breeze. You can separate delicates, baby clothes, sportswear, hand wash, lingerie and more.
Do Two Loads Using Different Laundry Detergents
Not all clothes are created equal. Some heavy stains require pre-soaking, while others require a more delicate detergent. If you have a baby at home, you more than likely also use a special baby safe detergent – which results in even more loads and time spent on doing laundry. With the LG TWINWash you are able to wash two loads, using different detergents and different settings at the same time.
TrueSteam Technology for Family Hygiene Care
The LG TWINWash is equipped with TrueSteam technology. When you set the machine to wash an “Allergy Care” or “Baby Care” load, you are able to reduce 99.9% of allergens, such as dust and mites.
Operate Your Machine from Anywhere with SmartThinQ
SmartThinQ technology lets you operate or monitor your laundry from anywhere, anytime. All you need is WiFi connectivity in your home. What does that mean for a busy mom like you? Now you can operate your machine via an app on your phone. You can load your laundry in your free-time and wash your clothes whenever you are ready. It also enables you to check your usage history and keep track of your weekly laundry loads (cottons, dedicates, allergy, etc.).
Child Lock Feature
We all know that little kids love pressing shiny buttons. The LG TwinWash machine has a special child lock feature on the main washer and the TWINWash Mini, which ensures that your loads aren’t interrupted by curious fingers.
Super Easy to Use
Although there are so many fancy features and buttons, the LG TWINWash is very simple to use.
It also comes with a helpful quick reference guide, just in case you need a bit of help.
The list of super cool features just keeps going on and on with the LG TWINWash machine. If you want to find out more of the specifications or details click here!
Super Laundry Tips for Busy Moms
As a busy mom, doing two loads of laundry at the same time is now possible with the LG TWINWash. But sometimes doing two loads simultaneously just isn’t enough, so I also wanted to share with you some super laundry tips to help make your life just a little bit easier!
(1) Make a laundry schedule. Assign different days for different loads of laundry (colors, whites, towels, bed sheets, dirty rags, etc.). Having a schedule will make it easier for you to keep track of what loads need to be done and not get you overwhelmed with huge piles of dirty clothes.
(2) Do laundry on different days of the week. Although it seems like a good idea to save it all for one day – it probably is not. Even if you get all the loads washed & dried, you will still be stuck folding, ironing and hanging everything and will dread laundry day more than you already do.
(3) Have a sorting method. Find an uncomplicated sorting method that works for you. You can use colored baskets or make piles on the floor – just figure out what works best for your family. Once you have a routine it will make the whole process quicker.
(4) Keep a laundry basket in each room. If you have the space, keep a laundry basket or bag in each room and/or bathroom. This will make it easier to separate the different loads and help your kids remember take responsibility for their own clothes.
(5) Assign the family laundry weekly laundry chores. Why should mom have to do all the work? Assign laundry tasks to members of your family. Some easy laundry chores are collecting the various laundry baskets from the rooms, sorting clothes, folding towels, putting clothes in hangers and matching the socks. If your kids are old enough, you can teach them how to wash their own loads of laundry (I am just waiting for this day).
(6) Invest in a family size laundry machine. Make sure your washing machine and dryer are able to handle your weekly laundry requirements. It’s worth spending a little bit more on a bigger capacity machine, then using up all of your free time doing loads of laundry.
(7) Organize your laundry area. De-clutter the laundry area and make the primary focus on having clean clothes. Invest in some shelves and sorting bins. A clean and welcoming laundry room will really make laundry day a little less daunting.
(8) Fold the clothes when you are done. As soon as the clothes are dry, shake them, fold them, iron them, hang them – just don’t let them sit for too long. The last thing you want to do is spend your free time ironing!
Hope your laundry chores are now a little less daunting! Please leave a comment below if you have any other helpful laundry tips or hacks to share with the SuperMommy readers. Happy Washing!
A special thanks to LG for sponsoring this blog post. Please note that all opinions provided are my own. 🙂
Check out some of the LG TWINWash features in this LG “Take a Load Off” event hosted July 2018 in Singapore.