When I get the craving for something super rich and chocolatey, I always reach for this super brownie recipe. I found this recipe for “Brooke’s Bombshell Brownies” many years ago on one of my favorite recipe websites All Recipes.com. It is super easy to make and is chocolate lovers dream. Warning – for those mommies trying to lose weight – these brownies are super addictive and it is hard to stop after just one.
|4 eggs||1 ½ cups all-purpose flour|
|1 cup butter, melted||1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 ½ cups white sugar||½ teaspoon salt|
|1 ½ cups brown||½ teaspoon baking soda|
|1 tablespoon vanilla||1 cup semisweet chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven the oven to 175 C° or 350 F°
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish
- Combine the sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract in a large bowl
- Then add in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg, until thoroughly blended
- Sift the dry ingredients flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl
- Gradually stir dry ingredients mixture into the egg/sugar mixture until well blended
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Use a toothpick to test (make sure it comes out clean)
- Remove and cool pan on a wire rack before cutting
Extra “Super” Tips:
(1) I always like to decorate my brownies with a little bit of icing and sprinkles for parties and special occasions. The kids especially love it.
(2) Also, for a little extra variation to the recipe, you can add some nuts, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips. It still tastes equally as yummy.