Baked Sweet Potato Chips are an excellent HEALTHY snack option for both kids and adults. Sweet potatoes shouldn’t be mistaken as your common everyday brown potatoes. Orange-fleshed sweet potatoes are a natural powerhouse and provide a variety of nutritional benefit including vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin D, iron and magnesium. Not only are these Sweet Potato Chips super nutritious, they are really crispy and perfect for munching and dipping. Best of all this recipe requires very few ingredients and is super easy to follow.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Sea salt or regular salt
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 100 C (210 F)
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Using a mandolin, julienne tool or a slicing disc cut the sweet potato into thin slices. *If you don't have a mandolin, just use a knife, but make sure the slices are really thin.
- Toss the sweet potato slices with a little bit of salt and a drizzle of olive oil (to lightly coat).
- Place the sweet potato slices in a single layer on a baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes (turning once) until the desired level or crispiness is reached. Make sure the chips do not turn brown.
Super Note: These chips are so yummy that my kids just can’t get enough. They think they are eating real potato chips!