Have you ever gone to a restaurant and ordered their bruschetta and wondered, “Wow this is so good. Why can’t I make the same thing at home? It’s just tomatoes on top of bread!!” Here is a recipe that comes really close to that special “bruschetta” that you get in a restaurant. The key is the cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar and the ciabatta bread that really gives it that little something extra. Try making this for your family or friends and it is sure to be a hit. It is a really simple and easy recipe to make. Don’t worry about exact measurements. Add more or less of any ingredient to suit your own taste buds. Enjoy!
- 250 gms (1 container) sweet cherry tomatoes (cut into eighths)
- 4 tablespoons of fresh basil (finely shredded)
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (grated)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Ground Pepper (to taste)
- 10-12 pieces of ciabatta bread (lightly toasted)
- Parmesan cheese
- Mix cut tomatoes, basil, onion, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Refrigerate the mixture for ½ hour to 1 hour.
- Toast the ciabatta bread.
- Remove the tomato mixture and drain.
- Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the bread slices.
- Then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place it back in the oven for about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.